Did you know you can vote early at an advanced poll if you are unable to make it on Election Day, October 27, 2014?
Advanced polls run from October 15 to October 18 at the following locations:
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the MacBain Community Centre – 7150 Montrose Road
- Thursday, October 16, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Gale Centre Arena – 4171 Fourth Avenue
- Friday ,October 17, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Chippawa Arena – 9000 Sodom Road
- Saturday, October 18, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the MacBain Community Centre – 7150 Montrose Road and at the NEW Optimist Club – 7085 Morrison Street
Voter Registration Cards were mailed October 6, 2014.
Please be advised that voter notification cards have been mailed out to all voters who have been found on the Voters’ List. Each residence in the City has been mailed one (1) envelope. All eligible electors in your home will have their own personal card contained within that one envelope and each card can be separated and distributed to each eligible elector within your home for use on Election Day or at one of the Advance Polls. The Advance Poll dates and times are listed on the reverse side of each card.
Remember: Your voter notification card is not your ticket to vote, it merely your notice to tell you when and where you can vote. Bringing your card with you to your voting location will speed up the process in obtaining your ballot. The voter notification card is not absolutely necessary but your identification IS. Please bring Identification with you when you vote. I.D. containing your name and address is required.
Are you qualified to vote? You need to meet the following criteria:
- A Canadian Citizen
- At least 18 years of age;
- Residing in the local municipality or is the owner or tenant of land in the local municipality, or the spouse of such owner or tenant; and
- Not otherwise prohibited from voting.
For additional information on the upcoming election, please click here or call city hall at (905) 356-7521.